(Der Artikel ist aus 2015 und unser Blog war damals noch englischsprachig – er wird in näherer Zeit ins Deutsche übersetzt werden. Ich kämpfe nur momentan noch mit dem Layout Feinschliff, dannach wird hier alles Deutsch =) )
It’s Halloween and this year I will be a Mermaid. But this is connected with many hours of doing my Make-Up.
Is there no easier way??
Well for sure there is^^ Actually I have an amazing idea to share with you ^^
This summer I went to a cosplay convention(if you want to know more about how it was, check out my Travel Blog: “How to have a blast at cosplay convention”) and dressed up as Pokemon Trainer Hilda(which is I think the easiest to make, after playing Ash or Misty), which is probably the easiest costume you can possibly create. So for all of you Last-Minute Costume Buyers out there, I will show you how you can create a complete costume easily, without spending much money ;)
Maybe you remember my last post about How to make a Pokedex. You maybe want to do this, for the costume to be even cooler.
Otherwise you will need:
- Black/Pink Hat
- 1 Pair of Hot Pants
- 1 White Tank Top
- Black small West
- 2 Sweatbands for your hands or just a pair of black socks
- 1 Black/Pink Shoulder Bag
- 1 Pair of Black Boots
- Pink Paint (water paint, acrylic paint or clothing paint- acrylic works best)
- White Shoelaces
- 1 round Ball/ Globe
- Let’s start at the top with the hat. The original cap is pink I think, but I couldn’t find one so I just bought a black one at the Dollar store. Back at home I mixed myself a lovely hot pink and painted a Pokeball onto the upper part. Simply a small circle, inside of two half circles. Just google for images, you will find them super easy. To get more pink into my outfit I also painted the front part of my hat.
- Now let’s move to the bag. Here I had the same issue, no pink shoulder bag to be found, so I simply took another bag and also painted the Pokemon Symbol onto the front.
- Next where the sweatbands. Either you have simple black ones at home or you simply take a pair of socks and cut off the end, to make yourself some D.I.Y. sweatbands. Just paint a thin pink line onto the upper and lower end and they are ready to wear.
- Next, still sticking with the pink paint, time to paint the shoelaces. If you are able to find pink shoelaces, even better, that saves you some work. I wasn’t so lucky and had to paint a pair of white ones.
- Finally the most important part to show of that you are a Pokemon Trainer. The Pokeball. Any round thing will work, it can be wood, plastic or even a tennis ball, as long as you can paint on it, it will do. Mine originally was a World Globe who was part of a pencil sharpener. Paint the upper part red and the lower part white, but be careful not to forget about the middle part. Best is again if you just google online for a picture. I usually would give you a picture from my own Pokeball, but I am currently in China and the Pokeball is somewhere hidden in my stuff, after I moved back home from Cologne, so not even my family can make a picture at the moment. I am really sorry for this =(
- But in the end that is all, now just put your clothes on, make your hair into a Ponytail (careful leave some hair strands out at the sides), but the hat on and pull it through the back hole of the cap and you are done. How much easier can it get?
If you have any questions about the costume, feel free to ask and soon there will be a tutorial on how to make a really cute Pikachu Costume, so you and a friend can dress up together ;)
Happy crafting and happy Halloween ;)